Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Barbecue Sauce and White meat

As for this topic, I was looking around for something to eat last week at the LAST minute again. Since Rachel Ray didnt have any thing for me, I decided to look through some cookbooks. All I had in the house was CHICKEN.

So, as I leafed through 100 Best Chicken Recipes, I found a classic BBQ Chicken recipe which I tweaked just a bit to make it my own.

Baked BBQ Chicken
( Easy)

What I need:

Chicken Pieces about 3 pounds
1 small onion cut into slices
1 and a half cups of Ketchup
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp soysauce
1/4 cup sprite or 7 up/ or wine ( if you want)

How to Make it:


Pre heat oven to 375 degrees Farenheit. Place chicken in pan 13x9 dish that is well greased with non stick cooking spray or butter. Arrange onion slices over the top.

combine ketchup, brown sugar, worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, honey, soysauce and sprite/wine in a small sauce pan. Heat over medium heat 2-4 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Pour over the chicken. ( I might want tos ave some for sauce )

Bake chicken 1 hour or until juices run clear. Let stand 10 mins before serving

Serving tip: Serve with baked potatoes, french bread and tossed green salad,

ENJOY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home